Dear Edwardsville Orchestra Parents,
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! We are so excited to have so many Edwardsville students taking part in the orchestra program across District 7. We are looking forward to our largest-ever group of orchestra students this year! Every parent, by virtue of having an orchestra student, is an Edwardsville Orchestra Booster, and we hope you will become involved and supportive of the program.
Who We Are:
We are a non-profit organization that supports the District 7 Orchestra Program at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. Through our fundraising efforts, we contribute toward instrument purchases and repairs, travel expenses, uniforms, educational enrichment, and scholarships which benefit District 7’s orchestra students.
Our big events for the year will include:
– T-shirt sales at all schools in September/October
– Walking with Scott Credit Union at the Edwardsville Halloween Parade
– EOB Trivia Night on October 3, 2019 (a family-friendly trivia night held at the EHS Commons)
– Holiday Wreath and Greenery Sales (delivery late November/early December )
– Tiger Town Consortium Concert and Fundraiser on March 21, 2020
Our first EOB meeting for the year will be held on Wednesday, August 28 at 6:30pm in the EHS Orchestra Room B170. We hope that parents from the elementary, middle, and high schools will attend.
The complete list of EOB Meeting dates for the year is as follows:
• Wednesday, August 28, 2019 (@6:30pm)
• Wednesday, October 16, 2019
• Wednesday, January 8, 2020
• Wednesday, April 15, 2020
• Wednesday, May 13, 2020
All meetings will be held at the EHS Orchestra Room (B170) at 7pm, except the first meeting on August 28 which will be at 6:30pm.
Finally, we need volunteers to help us throughout the year! If you have not returned the (attached below) Volunteer Form already, please review it and return it to your student’s teacher (or contact us directly) if you would like to volunteer.
Thank you so much for your support, and here’s to making beautiful music this year!